The only Federal tax forms and instructions the IRS is sending Public Libraries are
The IRS is not sending
Select Michigan and City of Flint tax forms will be available at the Flint Public Library while supplies last. When these forms are gone, patrons may download and print these forms, as well as other tax forms, from Library computers for .10 cents a page (black and white). Please note that librarians are not tax professionals. Librarians cannot assist patrons with filling out tax forms or provide patrons with tax advice.
The Internal Revenue Service
- Mobile App: IRS2Go
The IRS smartphone app lets you check your refund status and get tax updates. The IRS2Go app can be downloaded at the ITunes app store, Amazon app store or Google Play Store.
- Live Assistance: 1-800-829-1040
- Tax Forms: 1-800-829-3676
- Refund Information: 1-800-829-4477 OR 1-800-829-1954
- Call Flint’s Local Office: 810-342-6190
- Visit Flint’s Local Office: 917 N. Saginaw Street, Flint, MI 48503
- General Assistance: 517-373-3200
- Forms: 517-636-4486 (select option 2)
- Refund Information: 517-636-4486
Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA)
Contains links to state tax/revenue agency web sites.
CITY OF FLINT
City of Flint Treasury Department: Income Tax Division
FREE LOCAL TAX HELP
V.I.T.A. volunteers will provide tax assistance at the Flint Public Library to those with low to moderate incomes (generally $49,000 or less) filing 2016 tax returns. (No itemized deductions, business income, or capital gains transactions.)
- Bring proof of income (W-2, SSI benefits), and proof of identity (driver’s license or state identification), and Social Security card for every family member being claimed.
- Homeowners must bring their 2015 property tax statements for both winter and summer property taxes to claim the property tax credit.
- Bring Form 1095-A if you purchased health insurance through the Healthcare Marketplace and received advance premium payments.
February 11, 18, 25
March 4, 11, 18, 25
Sign-up begins at 9:00 AM until all slots are filled.
AARP: Tax Counselling for the Elderly
Call 1-888-227-7669 to find a tax assistance site.